Thursday, September 25, 2008

Counting Down to the Tea Party



Oh what fun! We're getting ready for our annual Mother-Daughter Tea Party. These pictures are from last year's tea and show some of our ladies enjoying themselves and our gorgeous servers (thanks boys!) and a little bit of the setting. Our tea this year has a hint of a tropical flair. Oops! Can't tell! We have grown by leaps and bounds. We are pushing 90 ladies and daughters this year! The sad thing is we are having to say no to extra guests who have heard about the tea and want to come. Today I have taken a day off from the library so I can cook. Sis. D and I will be going shopping tonight for the last minute food. We've had a few cooking days already so her freezer is full of yummies just waiting to be served! As always there have been a few snafoos-- like a certain luscious tea that we were counting on serving is no longer available! Ouch! And those cookies that won't do what we want them to do... we'll just dip them in chocolate and let that fix everything! For the ladies who can't make it...just know that Sis. D and I and our daughters would love to serve you tea in the garden some day! And to those who are coming; we can't wait to pamper you all...

4 comments:

Jules said...

Wow, it looks like you go ALL out. I actually really like going to tea parties. My kids also love it! I hope it all goes great and you all have a great time!

Sis Stubby said...

That sounds like so much fun.I have never been to a Tea Party.

Jackie said...

I have never been to a tea party either but that looks like a ton of fun. I hope all goes well.

Russell said...

you girls have fun tea partying! yall need a server from oky? lol miss you mom love yah!

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed