Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Why Women Cry

A very special friend from OKC sent this to me today in an email...thought I would share! Hi Shonna! Love and Miss ya! Kinda sappy, but hey! I feel kinda sappy today!

A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?"
"Because I'm a woman," she told him.

"I don't understand," he said. His Mom just hugged him
and said, "And you never will."

Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother
seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason," was all his dad could
say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering
why women cry.

Finally he put in a call to God. When God got on the
phone, he asked, "God, why do women cry so easily?"

God said:

"When I made the woman she had to be special.

I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight
of the world,

yet gentle enough to give comfort

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and
the rejection that many times comes from her children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when
everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and
fatigue with out complaining.

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under
any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly.

I gave her strength to carry her husband through his
faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never
hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to
stand beside him unfalteringly.

And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers
exclusively to use whenever it is needed."

"You see my son," said God, "the beauty of a woman is
not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way
she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because
that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides."



3 comments:

Charlene said...

That was wonderful Sister Lori I sure miss you and wish I could get one of your wonderful hugs I love your blog it has such wonder in it. It is happy and warm and honest and kind thanks for writing it
Love You. Love Sister Charlene

Barbara Reed said...

I loved reading this, I have felt very overwhelmed lately and it was just the pick me up I needed.

Sister D said...

Thank you for that beautiful poem. There are days when God's strength is right there and I'm amazed at what He gives our Sisters the grace to deal with and then come days when I feel like such a failure before God because I can't stop the tears. You're post touched my heart and what you said to me the other day helped me more than you could know.

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed