Monday, May 4, 2009

Heroes

I lay in bed last night, not able to sleep for some reason again. My mind wandered around in circles and for some reason I thought about heroes. The dictionary defines a hero as such:
1 a: a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability b: an illustrious warrior c: a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities d: one that shows great courage 2 a: the principal male character in a literary or dramatic work b: the central figure in an event, period, or movement 3 plural usually heroes: an object of extreme admiration and devotion

There are heroes in my life that aren't mythological or legendary. They aren't a principal male character in a literary or dramatic work. But I still consider them heroes. So for today, I'm thinking about the heroes in my life. People who I've looked up to for strength and guidance, people who I've striven to be more like; most often they haven't even known it. I love this song by my favorite singer/songwriter Paul Overstreet. I couldn't find a video of him singing it, but here are the lyrics. I hope the words make you think about someone who is a hero in your life!

Heroes Song by Paul Overstreet

2 comments:

pandama said...

i want to know who your heros are names mama names

Sis Stubby said...

I have a few heros my self I don't think they know who they are either.

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed