Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's Raining, It's Snowing!

Finally, the big snow has arrived! The weathermen have been teasing us lately and saying that elusive "S" word. Last night it was raining cats and dogs and then this morning, low and behold, we woke up to snow! We so far have gotten about 5 1/2 inches here, and it's supposed to do more tonight and tomorrow. Church was canceled and we got to stay home which was kind of nice! I made biscuits and gravy and the kids went out and played with the Dad in the snow. There's nothing better than having no place to go and just staying home to watch the snow get deeper! It only happens here once every few years. Oh, we might get a dusting here and there...but rarely enough to go out and play in. So we had a nice day at home. Now let's see how we all handle tomorrow and driving to work??????

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I know son #1 and #3 got to work safely this morning :D. Do you have to work? If you do you'll have a busy day because most of the schools are closed. I know some parents think the Library's a daycare on days like this ;). Hope you have a good day!

Sister D said...

Gosh I was wondering the same thing! It's supposed to snow even more today, I sure hope you don't have to go in! Warm fire, hot chocolate, cozy blanket, good book. Now that sounds like a plan!
Btw... I love the flour sack poem:)and Brittany loved the Cookies book you sent!

Sis. Lori P. said...

Daddy is going to take me out driving right now...it's 11:00 am and has been sunny for enough time that it looks slushy...if it looks good then YES I have to go to work! But not until 1:00 this afternoon...Library's like the Post Office I guess. ;+) Rain or snow...here we go!

Trina said...

All this snow is amazing. We had told Rusty and Mary that we didn't get snow around here, and we have looked to be a bunch of fibbers...hehehe It is so pretty, but it makes people around so jittery when driving. Brewster was so snowbound that we took it for granted. BTW...I want the recipe for the casserole that we had at Sis. Dayna's, that was soooo yummy!! My family loves mexican food so I know it will be a hit! If you wouldnt mind emailing to me whenever you have the time, unless its an old family recipe that you dont share...lol

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed