Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Good-Bye Bro. Eric

Yesterday morning we got the call; Bro. Eric had passed away. The Dad and Bro. Dave had just been there a few hours before, spending the night with him and knew that his passing was imminent. But still, it is very sobering how God chose to call home Bro. Eric, yet he chose to have mercy on Sis. Brittany. Whenever someone passes away that you knew, it sure makes you stop and think about the day ahead for yourself. The day of your own passing. And you ask yourself, will I have grace? Will the Lord be pleased with me? Am I keeping my eye on what's most important in life so that day will be a joyful turn?

I'm sure there are lots of Brethren who knew Bro. Eric better than I did. But, my heart goes out to Bro. Ed and Sis. Jane. Bro. Ed has had such grief in his life; losing 3 children and Sis. Jane took such sweet care of Bro. Eric until the end with such grace. I hope in the days ahead the Lord will give them both rest and blessings and joy to know that Bro. Eric's sojourning days here on earth are over.

5 comments:

Sister D said...

I'm so thankful for your dear post. I felt the need to write something myself this morning and then I saw that you had written just what I felt. I shared so many of the same thoughts about our dear Brother Eric's passing. He had such a sweet heart to come and visit us in some of our hardest days, to bring Brother Lloyd Hays to pray for Brittany when she needed Him and for the pictures he gave her so that when she woke up she would have something beautiful to look at. I'm thankful for the hearts of all the men who stayed up many nights to help and comfort him. For those who came to sing him song's, to read to him, to hold his hand. For those who traveled far just to show their love and pray for him. For the great care Sis. Jane and Brother Ed tirelessly showed him. He was surrounded every day by those who loved Him and even though He couldn't always say it, I know His heart was so thankful for the care of each one of His dear brethren.

We'll miss you Brother Eric.

Cherrie said...

I remember Bro. Eric back when me and Lee first got married. It seems so weird to think of him gone. I feel so blessed that we at least got to see him before his passing.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

I'm glad to hear that Sis Brittany is doing better. It's been on my mind to come and see her, but somehow life got away with us. Eric's death is the 2nd one in less than 2 weeks for Travis and I. We are still trying to get caught up with Schooling and Housework. Thankfully this funeral is just down the road from us. The Harrisburg bretherns' care of Eric, Grampa, & Sis Jane was much appreciated. Thanks in advance for doing the dinner on Monday. May God bless you.

meNmykids said...

It was so good of you all to share the care load for Bro. Eric. Do you know my brother Bill Hays? Glad that Brittany is better, I've been praying for her.

Sis. Lori P. said...

We do know your brother and enjoy his visits! It was so sad at the funeral, I knew that Bill was going to sing a solo...and I was excited to finally hear his voice.(I've heard it's beautiful), but then everyone else started singing along with him, so I missed my chance to hear his nice voice.

I enjoy visiting your blog because you have the opposite of me! We have 6 boys and 1 girl...I have always breathed a big sigh to have boys instead of girls...can't imagine all those girls' hair-dos and dresses to keep up on. Boys are so easy to dress and comb. And their picture on your blog is so darling! Your profile says you live in Elmo Wash. Is that near Prosser? I have a sister (not in the faith) who says she drives by the Prosser church all the time. She lives just up the street I guess...it's a new place for them and I haven't visited her out there yet. We hope to get there sometime soon and maybe we'll visit the Prosser church? Thanks for writing on my blog and visiting with me! Thanks so much for your prayers for Sis. Brittany. You can see more pics of her on my daughter's blog http://rainepelkey.blogspot.com/ They are best friends!

Sincerely,
Sis. Lori P.

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed