Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Green House with RED door

These pictures are for Son R. living in the wilds of OKC wondering what in the world did his parents do to his old farm home.

The new color looks good, but I'm thinking what am I going to do with the plants that I carefully had selected to match the old Mauve color of the house? Now I have this gorgeous and delightfully smelling rose out front that is . . . purple. Yes, it's purple. Goes real well with the burgundy trim and RED door! I have to say that The Dad is very fond of his RED door. I'm pretty proud of it myself since Son Th. painted it. When he took the door off to bring it to the shop to paint he said to me, "Mom, you are going to be able to see yourself in this door when I'm finished with it!". I said, "Ok.", thinking really, "sure I will son!" But I tell you today, that you CAN really see yourself in that RED door! In fact, in the top picture you can sorta see how it would reflect any image with 25 feet of it. Soon, the door will have a beautiful brass kickplate on it that dear Uncle Paul used his big machines on to write "Pelkey" so nicely. It's bright; it's shiney. I mean really BRIGHT and SHINEY! We got it from FedEx yesterday and The Dad "oooed" and "aahhed" over it for a full 10 minutes and showed it to everyone in the house. (he's even brought it in to the shop today to show it off to everyone there) Then he promptly had a telephone conversation in the middle of BiMart with Uncle Paul telling him and anyone within 10 yards of us how much he loved this kickplate! Just kidding honey! I think you are cute! ;+) I'll post a picture of the door sporting it's new brass kickplate as soon as possible. So, what do you think Son R.? Will you still be able to find your old farm home when you return for a visit? Maybe not... since you might be blinded by that shiney RED door with it's brass kickplate.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Russell said...

yes momm i coulnt forget my old home, love u so much! the house looks awsome, u ned to post some pictures in the sunlight its kinna dark, but cuute!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that door looks awesome!!!

pandama said...

mom dad is so cute sometimes you could just eat him up someday 4 christmas we need 2 make him dress as santa 4 the kids

Tiffany said...

Mandy- i am so temped to make a joke about your comment....but i resisted! LOL

Anywho, looks good ma....i'm not sure about the trim tho =( I'll have to look at it up close to see it better! The door is beautiful!

KatieB said...

oh, it looks co cute. i love the red color. it`s so shiny.

KatieB said...

oh i changed my name. the smlltwngrl is me. KATIE.

carimarie said...

I like your shiny red door! And I do mean SHINY! :)

CHRIS AND TRINA said...

I love it. It really looks nice.

Sis Stubby said...

That door sure is red and shiny.

Jackie said...

We a sister here that LOVES red I think that she would really love it. And I think it looks very nice too!!

Sister D said...

I woke up this morning thinking about your old house on the tree farm and was remembering what a time of heartache it was when we found out you had to move. But looking back I see that God sometimes uses the times of greatest uncertainty in our lives to bring us our sweetest blessings.I love the blessing He brought your family. Girls,I was afraid to knock on the door because I thought the paint was still wet LOL It was just SO SHINY :)

Charlene said...

wow cool red door house looks really good can't wait to see the kick plate

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed