Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanks Giving Season starts

I really love that our holiday season begins with Thanksgiving. I believe that the whole season from Thanksgiving through New Years Day is a season of giving thanks. On Thanksgiving Day we celebrate a bountiful harvest, which we all truly do enjoy. We give thanks to God for all our many blessings and gather friends and family close around us to enjoy their company. Then it's on to a whole month of preparation culminating in Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We decorate our houses to remember Christ's birth, we gather and shop for presents for our loved ones, we plan delicious goodies to give to each other, we look forward to our church Christmas dinner celebration, all the while remembering that Christ was born one day a long time ago to save us and to bring us true "peace on earth and goodwill toward men". Every family has their own special way of doing this, and what a blessing and I am so thankful that we have the freedom to do whatever we choose to do! Even when the festivities of Christmas are over, we then celebrate the bringing in of a New Year. A New Year to live for our Lord, a New Year to give our lives for our family and brethren, a New Year to begin again the turning of the tide toward spring. We truly do have much to be thankful for beginning with our Thanksgiving celebration.

On that note, I'll post a few pictures of our Thanksgiving Day!

5 comments:

Sis Stubby said...

So glad to here your Thanksgiving was good. I am like you. This is just the beginning of our Holy Day's.We always have a Birthday Party for Jesus.And so does the church.

Jackie said...

You have a beautiful family and it look like you had a great day of giving thanks.

Charlene said...

what a wonderful time for you. Wish I had been there too. I am missing my Sister and friend allot. sorry I have been slow with posting and comments. I love Miss Abigails dress and doll you did good. Love Sister Charlene

Sis. Leah said...

I am glad to hear that you had a good Thanksgiving. I too look forward to this time of year. And I am so thankful that we can teach our children the true meaning of Christmas.

Sister D said...

What a sweet post.I love all your pictures! This is truly "The most wonderful time of the year" I woke up this morning looking at the frost on the ground, the clear blue sky, A whole flock of little birds had landed in our backyard and were running around in the crunchy leaves. We decorate our houses at this to celebrate our Lords birth (I like how you said that the other night:) but our God has decorated our world with so much beauty to look at every day.

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed