Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thank Full for dear Like-minded Friends

I was sitting in a room full of people the other day just listening. The conversation was spinning around and around and I felt pretty much an outsider. The talk was leading down a road I haven't ever walked. Most everyone there had no idea what to do about the situation they were talking about; it was all bleakness and desolation in fact. Suddenly I wanted out of that room so badly. But, I was bound to my chair having been invited to be there and I saw no escaping until the clock set me free. Finally, having been released I bade my farewells and wondered at my weepy feelings. What was wrong with me? I felt like the room's conversation of bleakness had worn off onto me! I called my husband and spoke to him and he cheered me up. We spoke of God's mercy to His people and how we should love people in the world, as the Lord does, but not the things they do. That it's okay to keep these two things separate. Love the person, not the works they do. Now skip ahead to later that night. I was again in a room full of people; this time they are all my sisters in Christ. Again I sat there listening. And suddenly I was so lightened in heart. I wanted to start singing! I was an insider here in this room... I belonged. Every woman there knew exactly where she was going in life and there was no bleakness or desolation. Now I didn't want the clock to set me free, I wanted that clock to stop exactly where it was. I wanted nothing more in life than to sit there in my chair and hold on to the sweetness in that room. When the time finally did come to leave, I realized on my way home that I was refreshed because I had been with dear friends who were like-minded and so dear to me. Once again, I am so thank-full of God's mercy to me to give me such a cloud of dear friends to walk this way with.

3 comments:

Sister Stacie said...

Oh my dear sweet sister I now just what you mean. I have missed church almost month due to family illness. And I am so hungery for my brothren. It has been sweet to read everyones sweet blogs and still feel conected. I even reread my blogs and counted my blessing. What a sweet life we live to rejoice in all things because we know it works to Gods good in our lives, and the freedon to not worry because we know God takes care of us. Well I was going to make a small comment but was so touched. I love all my sisters, sister stacie

Sister D said...

You were right! How sweet that the Lord gave us the same testimony on the same day. After having the blues that day from listening to my Mom talk of all the craziness going on in my family (none of them are in the Faith)I can't describe what a comfort it was to walk in the kitchen, see the love in the smile you gave me, hear the sweet conversations of our dear Sisters throughout the room and most of all Laugh the trials of the day away together! Love you :)

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can reveal that I approve of with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is quiet a definitely as you did in the downgrade delivery of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=amust registry cleaner 3.50.0.89 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed