Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just wondering....

Well, I've been sick with the flu and so I've been spending a little bit of time on the computer. If you can picture me dragging myself into the computer room and lolling on the desk in front of the monitor you'd get a good idea of how wonderful I've felt. Not a pretty picture. I haven't brushed my hair in two days... Anyways, I thought I'd do a little housecleaning on my blog reader and it made me wonder which blog reader do you all use? I just switched from "Sage"; a Firefox extension, to Google Reader. Sage seemed a little clunky and took up desktop space so-- out it went. I took some time to organize all my blogs into files within Google Reader, so I've got Idaho Sisters, Indy Sisters, Colorado Sisters, Oklahoma Sisters, Oregon Sisters-other (sister's from my hometown are under plain Sisters), Homemaking, Library and Geeky. Okay, the Geeky one came with Google Reader, but hey, I do keep up with some blogs that could be considered Geeky.

So, how do you all read your blogs? Do you just randomly show up at all the blogs to see if someone has written lately? Do you use an RSS feed in your bookmarks toolbar? Bloglines? Come on everyone, 'fess up. How do you keep up with reading new posts on your blogs?

14 comments:

Tiffany said...

I use blogroller. All the blogs are on my blog and they update every time someone writes on their blog. So i don't have to look at everyone's blog everyday to see who has written on their blog. Hope you feel better real soon! Hope you can be in church tomorrow!

Sister Stacie said...

I use the same thing. I just have my blog on my home page and then can see who has posted last. I love google blogger which is who I use. I hope you feel well soon. Love and prayers Stacie

Anonymous said...

I use Tiffanys blogroller because I am too lazy to do my own. So Tiff in case you ever wonder that is why I look at your blog all the time. Plus she had a song on there for awhile that I totally loved!! Thanks tiff. Hope you feel better soon.

pandama said...

that's so funny i totally much off tiffys roller also. lazy lazy sigh. Well mama i miss u and pray god gets everyone better soon we miss everyone

Sis. Lori P. said...

Thanks girls... what an easy way to keep track... duh! One problem is that I forget to add everyone's names to my side bar because I was using Sage, you just had to click on an icon and it found the feed and added it for you. I'd better find out who's missing on my side bar! (blushing!)

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

I love using sage, its faster then going to my blog every time I get on my computer, but whats the new thing you got? Show me sometime?

Sis Stubby said...

I use blogroller.What is Sage?

Sis. Lori P. said...

If you use Firefox, go to the Mozilla website and look under add-ons. Do a search for Sage-Too. It's just a little downloadable extension. Here's the url... https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7263 Or if you have a Google account just go to Reader and get started. It's pretty easy too.

Sis. Lori P. said...

I used Sage-Too and now Reader because I look at other blogs besides the sisters!

Sis. Leah said...

I too use the blogroller. I like it. It shows all and it's easy. I hope you get to feeling better.

carimarie said...

Im kinda lazy too I just go too Tiffany's page and check to see if anyone has updated their blog that way :)

Shannon said...

I use the same thing that Tiffany uses.

Sister D said...

Raines Blog page is on my desktop so I read off her blogroller. But I may have to switch if she doesnt post something new! LOL Arent those cookies stale by now!!?

JoAnn said...

I feel honored to be listed on your Bloggy Friends Roll!

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed