Friday, March 13, 2009

My New "Thing"

So I saved my $1 bills up for over a year and I had enough to buy my new "thing" ! I love my new "thing"! It's handy dandy and I'm having an awful lot of fun with it. It now holds my King James Bible, Spurgeon's Morning and Evening Devotional, several Jane Austen titles, not to mention several other free books that are dear to my heart!

Much love goes out to my dear husband who puts up with both my love of books AND technology. My new "thing" combines the two into one lovable device!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks really interesting. I want to know more about it. ? ? ?

Jackie said...

I am not to good with technology but I love a good book. Enjoy!!

Tiffany said...

Look! Its a Ken doll! LOL

Sis. Lori P. said...

Ha Ha Tiffany! To let everyone else in on the joke, Sis. C overheard me say that I was ordering a Kindle and was going to bring it to church, she said, "you're bringing a Ken Doll to church?" We all laughed so hard. And I had to explain to Sis. C what a KINDLE was. Sis. Shannon, Kindle2 is a second generation ebook device that holds up to 1500 books that you can download from various sites including Amazon. It has the same kind of web technology as on your cell phone. So basically I can download a new book onto the device when ever and where ever my cell phone would also work. It reads out loud to you, can play MP3s, can hold any document you want from your own computer, etc. Click on the little linky that's titled 'thing' on this post and it will take you to the Amazon page for Kindle2.

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed