Friday, March 27, 2009

Lately...

1. I've enjoyed all the sister's blogs...wept for your sorrows and shed different tears for your joy and testimonies. Thank you ladies for sharing your lives!
2. We had The Dad's little sister visit us with her children. What a joy they were! I loved watching videos of my nieces dancing so beautifully and seeing them become young women. I got to visit with my nephew who, on the brink of manhood is one step away from the Lord. We got to talk about our thoughts on the world around us and it was fascinating to see life from his point of view. It's wonderful to see my dear sister in law with her children and the care and devotion she has for them...we only wished her hubby could have been with us too!
3. It's getting easier to only have one child left at home... sorta!
4. My granddaughter wrote my name... LORI... and said, "that spells Grammy!" I will always treasure those little things with my grand children!
5. The daffodils are all blooming and it makes me want to go out and plant in our garden again.
6. I had to speak at a city council meeting and I was so nervous, but I went into the quiet part of my library beforehand and begged God to help me... and it turned out not to be so bad after all. I just needed to be myself...just plain old me!
7. I'm making headway on my yearlong reading of the bible! I'm staying up on it (some days I do better than others and I get behind a little! ) but I'm already to 2 Samuel. I have been so edified by the story of the children of Israel and their struggles. I do NOT want to be like them and disappoint our God. I absolutely loved reading Ruth again! I read it thinking of my dear daughter in laws. I stand in awe at the care and love that Naomi had for both them. My heart went out to those three women so much! My hope is to be such a mother in law as Naomi was to all my lovely daughters who love my sons so much!

Well... besides trying to think of what in the world to make for this Sunday's church dinner, not much else is happening lately!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

What a wonderful post. It truly warmed my heart reading it. I love all of the things you wrote about. Thank you for sharing what's going on in your life too!!

Sister Stacie said...

I agree whole heartly what a sweet post I love hearing about your sweet faith and heart toward our Lord and your sweet visit witah family and what you have been reading about in them bible. I can't wait to read your next post

Sis. Leah said...

I too enjoied your post. Glad to hear of all the things you have been up to lately. Also it so cute how your granddaughter wrote your name and said it spelled grandma...love it. The minds of little ones!!

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed