Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Eight Pelkeys in a Two Bedroom House-

First thing this morning, bodies were lying all over the carpeted floors, suitcases littered the the dining room, and now here I am just trying to make breakfast in a kitchen with only Teflon pans...gasp! Oh and someone (?) cracked the coffee pot yesterday. Mmm...was it me? It's cozy here in the kitchen, knowing that my children (mostly) are all around me. Son #4, who is getting married, went off to work today. Son #2, got a chance to go work with the brethren that live here, which is exciting for him and I think the rest of the guys will go and have lunch with them later.

I made a sandwich for Son #4 this morning which I had to promptly throw out once I realized that the lunchmeat was icky. But I made another one with good meat and he went out the door this morning with probably his last ever "Momma made it" lunch, and that is making me sad. Son #3 is trying to get some more rest, he is our "headache boy". He gets such terrible headaches. My heart is sad and I'm praying he gets up soon and feels better.

The sun came out yesterday in the afternoon and the snow all started to melt. No more icicles. The Dad and I went to the airport in the late afternoon and picked up the other three sons. It was so nice to see their big smiles and camaraderie as we met up with them and packed them tight into the car to bring them to the house. Then, last night we went to a place called Freddy's Frozen Custard. After that, we went to see some of the brethren. When we got back to the house it was fun to watch and see everyone snuggle down and settle in for sleep.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your time!!

Sister D said...

My heart is so happy that you're having such a sweet time with your family! I cracked up at you having to use Teflon LOL! But boy do I know what you mean about doing things one last time for your soon-to-be-married Son. I've found myself saying things like that myself. "This will be the last shirt I iron for him" etc...(he can do that, I just like to help)
Love and Miss you so much!!

pandama said...

te he one bathroom many boys lol wish we were there

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed