Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trip to OKC

We are here in OKC for Son #4's wedding! What a surprise to come down out of the clouds and find that the whole earth as far as we could see was white and covered in snow. Okay, I did know that they had a big snow storm here last week, but when we have snow storms in OR, the snow is gone in a day or two. Big surprise, this snow is going no where fast! There are the hugest icicles hanging from everywhere! Driving under the light signals is a scary endeavor. There are icicles hanging down from up there; what if one decides to fall down on our car as we travel under it? Yikes! Our new daughter-in-law, Daughter #5, confesses she has a similar fear after knowing someone who actually was killed by a falling icicle!

We are heading out shopping today, getting some things to help outfit Son #4's home. Especially since very soon there will be 8 Pelkeys staying in this small house!

Listening last night to the laughter of my children being reunited with their missing brother was such a joy to my heart. I can't wait until more of the kids get here later this evening to reunite with Son #4! I wish so badly that our whole family could have come, grandchildren and all. But, I'm going to enjoy every second I have while I'm here, cooking and cleaning and taking care of my loved ones all I can.

2 comments:

Sis Stubby said...

Welcome to our kind of winters.lol
I know it is OK but IN can & has had the same kind of weather before.
Now it can be scary at times.
My congrats to the couple.
Enjoy your selfs

pandama said...

i miss u guys boo :( kiss everyone for us

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed