Friday, June 6, 2008

Carpets Cleaned-Check!

Today we got our carpets professionally cleaned! I feel so fresh and squeaky clean now! Last night we moved all our furniture out of the house and in to our very nice neighbor's garage. Everything was off the floor so the carpets could get totally cleaned everywhere in the house. The only thing is that it's freezing cold here in the NW today and I have all my windows open to dry the carpets. Son J2 put on socks and then gallon size zip-lock bags on his feet so he could get warm! We don't wear our shoes in the house because it rains so much here and the carpets would be all muddy if we kept our shoes on. So I decided to wash the bottom of my sneakers and put them on with my wool socks. Now I'm warm! Tonight when the men get home from work we will get the furniture back into the house and put things back in order. The Dad just called and said I could close up the house and turn the heater on! Go figure! That's global warming for you...when you have to turn the heater on in June just to warm your tootsies!

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow! Is it that cold there? It is nearly 90 here today. I had Jada out playing in the water hose. I hope it warms up some for you all!

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

YIKES! I'm freezing my tootsies off! I've got wool socks on and they're freeezzzzinnngg! Brrr!

Sis Stubby said...

Glad you were able to get your carpets cleaned. We put the fake wood floors in our living room.So now the only carpet I have is in the bed rooms.How cold is it there?Like Sis.Jackie said it is HOT here!!

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Sis. Stubby: It was in the 40's this morning and now its in the 50's.

Cherrie said...

I love it when things get cleaned like that. Sorry its so cold, some warm weather would be nice I'm sure. We have had some pretty warm days here already.

Charlene said...

I love to have my carpets cleaned silly huh but I agree it makes the house feel so fresh and clean.
The quilts are great your very talented Sis. I can't wait to teach LaShanna to sew I hope she loves it like I did. I need to start to sew again so I can get back in practice to teach her.

Anonymous said...

Can you adopt me so I can have a beautiful quilt. J/k but seriously I need to learn to do that those are amazing. You are soooo talented!!

Jules said...

I LOVE the smell of new carpet/clean carpet! Hopefully it will warm up out there soon :)

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed