Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Will I Miss this Boy?

I have waited up until almost the last second to post this. To my great sadness and sorrow our Son #4 is moving to Oklahoma early Sunday morning. How can I even post about it? My heart hurts so bad. I have dreaded this day. . . the whole time raising my children. . . I have dreaded this day. He's moving. Our family won't be whole here in one place now. Will he be happy, will he be sad, who will have coffee with him, who will hear his hurts, who will see his smile and hear his laugh, who will hear his voice ring out across the room, and how will I be his Momma across the country. . .how will I be Grammy to his children someday when they might be there? Will I get to be like Sis. Trina and write a post entitled Russell's Return?

I know he will be fine there in Oklahoma. He will have brethren to live the faith with and God certainly will hear his prayers there as well as here. Maybe he will be happy. That is all I can hope for, is that he will be happy and that it will be well with his soul.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Sis Stubby said...

My mothers heart breaks for you sis.It is so hard to let them go.When #2 daughter moved to KY. Bro Stubby said I cried like a cow does for her calf and that was only a state away.But we raise them to live without us.
Doesn't mean we will not miss them.

Cherrie said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I don't think that I will do good when my kids get older and decide to move out on there own. But I pray God will guide him. So were in Oklahoma is he moving?

Anonymous said...

Who will have coffee with him, who will hear his hurts, who will see his smile and hear his laugh, who will hear his voice ring out across the room?

God can do all that for you Mom!

How will I be his Momma across the country?

The Spirit is the answer there!

Love you =)

Aunt Sissy said...

My prayers are with you through this time.

Kim said...

"Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD."

Jules said...

Awww... I'm also sorry, but at the same time, kind of happy. See, when he moves out here, you're more likely to come visit Oklahoma more than with out him here, so therefore I will get to meet you for sure :) But again, I know it will be hard for you to be without him. I know that you are a close family, which is WONDERFUL! Thank goodness we have the communication tools that allow us to keep in touch very well :) What part of Oklahoma is he moving to?

Tiffany said...

I believe he's moving to Oklahoma City? But not exactly sure :S.

Momma lets pray God's doing for him what he did for me. Remember i left all my family and moved 400 miles away from my home and home brethren and God has GREATLY blessed me. And i still have a momma 400 miles away that is just as close to me as when i lived 20 miles away.

Love you!

Sis. Lori P. said...

He is, he is moving to OKC and he will probably go around to all the churches in that area. He will be living with some sweet brethren, Bro. Warren and Sis. Angela...

Sis. Frankie said...

I will certainly keep your family in my prayers. I don't know how I would feel if one of my kids were to move out of state. But, I do know that God will give you the comfort you need to bear this. Just keep your eyes on Him and spend much time in prayer. With God, all things are possible.

Sis. Leah said...

Hello there sorry to hear about your son I will be keeping your family in my prayers.

Sis Stubby said...

I want you to know my thoughts & prayers are with you this morning

Trina said...

Ohhhh when I read this post my heart sank for you. I completely understand that heartache. The blues lasted, with me, for awhile. I had no idea that I would cry like I did, so many times. God is good though, and River gained soooo much. I am so thankful it was only for a couple of months though. I hope to read a post that is titled Russel's Return as well!! You will be in my prayers, from one mom to another. (((Hugs)))

Russell said...

Mom that made me cry so much. I love you more than you could ever know. I miss you mommy.

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed