Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Prayer Request

Today is the day. I have to speak in front of a crowd, which might include a State Representative. I'm having a hard time with anxiety here. It didn't help that my dear friend told me to make sure I had my bra on straight when I got dressed this morning. Or that she would check for me when she saw me! Okay, maybe that did help a little, laughter is the best medicine. But I really need your prayers for my speech tonight. Want to know a little secret? I haven't even written it yet! Last night's WoW Party helped me forget my anxiety and relax(?) a little. But I found myself getting out of bed and onto my knees begging God to help me get to sleep last night. I did get more sleep than I expected and I am so thankful that He heard my prayers. But if you remember, please say a prayer for me that I can just get through this evening.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

I will be praying!!

Trina said...

Well I am curious as to what you are going to have to give a speech about. I know that I would be a nervous wreck too. I am sure you will be quite composed and literate....hehehe I will say a prayer right now for you. I mean I hope I am not too late, but all prayers are good regardless. :)

Aunt Sissy said...

I will be praying for you as well.

Tiffany said...

I will say a prayer for you right now as well.

AmyD. said...

You did a fantastic job tonight, Lori! I am SO excited about our new library!!!!! EEEEEEE! :D

Sister D said...

You did so Good and there were so many people there!! I know the Lord answered our prayers and gave you grace because I saw your hands shaking but your voice was strong and the story you told about your desire to instill a love for reading in your own children, now your grandchildren and the community's children, came from your heart and touched us all.

Sis. Lori P. said...

Thank you everyone for your heartfelt prayers for my little speech last night. Yes, my hands were shaking and yes my knees were knocking, but as soon as I let go and just God fill my mouth with what was in my heart, my nervousness went to the wind! Thank the Lord for His help!

Jules said...

I hope it went well for you.

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed