Thursday, November 15, 2007

Stop, Drop and Roll...for Coffee?


Isn't he cute? He's supposed to be moving. Not sure if he will once I post this message. Reminded me of of my coffee loving Sis. D who I have not seen much of lately because Sis. B is not feeling well these days. My life most days is an endless round of Stop, Drop and Roll. I stop, because the next phase of a trial will hit me or I get a call that Sis. B is at the next phase of pain, I drop to my knees and pray over and over that God will just please help me and the ones I love so much that are hurting, and then I roll on to the next thing and start all over again. There is no end to this cycle at this time in my life. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be? Mmm...think I'll ponder this as I lift my cup of coffee for a sip and smile like this little guy!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you have some trials going on in your life. Me Too! Somedays I just want to stay in my room so I can really think about what I am suppose to be learning without all the other distractions. I know that God is the only one that will help me get through it all. Then we have the trials of watching those we love suffer. That is a whole different kind of trial. Why? Is it so I learn compassion? Is it so I learn how to quickly fall to my knees and stop what I am doing to pray for those that are afflicted? I know from time to time in my life I would pray but not get down and full heartedly pray and beg God for mercy. It is the fervent prayer that availth much.

I am sure you are missing Dayna through this. I know I am and I dont live there! At least you guys live close and you can go try to comfort her or just hug her. I have to say I might be a little jealous! =O) Wish I could! I will keep you in my prayers that God will comfort you in your trials and you will be as the reed on the wind and bend to his will for you.

Sister D said...

Hey my Sweet Sister,
It's been a while since I've had a chance to really check the blogs and there you were thinking about me :)That touched my heart. I was thinking about you too as I was attempting to make my first loaf of gluten free bread this morning ;/(It fell apart, all crumbly) maybe Deena has a better recipe? I wish you had gone shopping with me to help me figure out what to buy, its kind-of overwhelming.... Just got a call from Britts work that she needed to come home :(, she was supposed to work from 2-4 today Well... as you said we just gotta roll with what happens. I love you, Someday maybe we'll get to actually sit down and have coffee TOGETHER:)

Sister Kim,
Airhugs is the best I can do for now :(

Charlene said...

Hi Sis Lori I never thought of it as stop, drop and roll but yes that is what it is and yes God knows the big picture so if this what he has us doing than it is his plan.
Of course you know this better than me I am sure but the Lord has had me doing the same thing I am praying for you guys all of you please pray for me I have a strange infection in my ears that is yuky thanks love you Sister.
Love Sister Charlene

Barbara Reed said...

I am so thankful to have been able to read this post. This is exactly how I have felt lately but I didn't have the words to express it. Thank You

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed