Friday, November 9, 2007

Richest Woman on Earth


Would you consider yourself to be the richest woman on earth if you lived in this cabin? Maybe not. But what if you considered that the Lord had given you everything you needed? A roof over your head, the kids all fed, the man you loved most lying close beside you in your bed. What else would you need? Would you pray that the Lord would give you eyes to see exactly what these things were worth? Would you then consider yourself to be the richest woman on earth?

Today I am remembering back when we were raising our little ones and God gave me this song that you can hear playing right now. What a gift this song was to my heart! The words filled me to the brim with knowing just where my heart should be before the Lord and thanking him so much for my dear husband and children. I would play this album while the kids were little around my feet, as I worked at being a mommy. Paul Overstreet has some beautiful songs about families. If you ever get a chance to hear some of his work, take some time to listen and meditate. Want to know something I think is really cute? After raising my kids on Paul Overstreet...whose music do you think they still love to hear? Yep! Those sweet songs still call out to them today! Son #1 came over last night to get one of my Paul Overstreet CDs to listen to on the way to the Young People's Visit.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love this song mom! Thanks for sharing.

-T.P.

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed