Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Gotta Love Those Waltons!


Did you watch the TV show, "The Walton's", when you were growing up? I did! I loved that family. Probably because it seemed such a perfect world. Ma and Pa loved each other and who couldn't resist such a grumpy Grandma with a sweet old Grandpa? They all ate at the dinner table together for meals too. I LOVED that dinner table! Those benches are right where the action happened for their family. Unfortunately, my family dinner table while growing up was very sorrowful. And that also was where the action happened. Bad action and bad memories for me. But I could escape to watch the Walton's perfect world and wish that I could be part of such a family. Now, skip ahead to when I turned 16 and met a family very much like the Waltons of my dreams. The Pelkey Family. Those words say a monumental mouthful. There was Sis. Janet, who was Ma, and Bro. Al, who was Pa and all 11 kids around the dinner table. God called me to the faith and led me to this family. I even got to marry one of them! We started our own little Walton's family! Now we have the seven children of such a storybook example and we have our own dinner table where our own sweet memories have been made and are still being made each time we sit down. My Pa and I are heading into our Grandpa and Grammy years now. Our table gets larger and larger with more happy faces round about it. And I thank God everyday for my blessings; that he called me to such a miraculous thing and saved me from such a sorrowful table that was shared in my childhood.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ahhh Ma! Thats so sweet! I'm glad to be able to sit at that table with you <3

Anonymous said...

Dont know if you know this but the man that wrote that show was raised in the faith. His mom actually came to CA to visit one time when Sis. Lorena was really sick. She came and prayed for her and she was healed. Just a little church member history lesson.

Tiffany said...

WOW

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed