Sunday, April 13, 2008

Great Sorrow

It is with great sorrow that I write about our beautiful grandson, Elijah, who was stillborn on Saturday. His Momma and Daddy had so much grace through her labor and delivery and the ordeal afterward. Even now, when you walk in their home, as she is recovering, you can feel the grace of God on them both. There is too much to write and too much sorrow in my heart to write it. Our family has been given only good from the Lord up until now. How can I complain? We've raised our seven children without even a broken bone. To have our first sorrow happen to our children breaks our hearts. And yet, I am fully confident that if God had chosen to do it, he could have breathed life in to little Elijah at any moment. My sorrow does not overwhelm the confidence I have that God is the author of even this. As I stood and testified in church on Sunday, I have so much to be thankful to God for. His mercy has been to me since the day I was born again almost 30 years ago. I know his mercy will continue and he will be the Gentle Healer that our family needs.

12 comments:

Sis Stubby said...

Sis.
I will still pray for your family.
I am so glad that we have Jesus & the Father to help us in our time of sorrow.

Charlene said...

Sister Lori here is a big hug from me to all of you. I want you to know I cherish our friendship and I am praying for you and the family. I am so gratefull to God for givnig the kids the grace they need I love you all. Love, Sister Charlene

Aunt Sissy said...

Sis. Lori,
Your family is constantly in my prayers. I'm so thankful that we have god to lean on when we don't think we can go any further.

Jackie said...

Our prayers are with you and your family!

Cherrie said...

My heart has been deeply sorrowed by your loss. It feels like daja vu, Our little boy was stillborn 12 years ago July and his name was Elijah. And it was the first year of our marriage. God was so good to us through our trial as I know he will be with Phillip and Tiffany. Send her my love and our prayers are with them.

Jules said...

My heart dropped when I heard this terrible news. Your family has been in my prayers constantly. I'm so sorry. I have no idea how hard this is to go through, but I do share your sorrow. I'm praying for comfort for all of you. Lots of love,
Sis. Julie

Sister D said...

My Dear Friend,
I walk in circles wishing there was more we could've done, more we could do now. But it's not in our hands but the Lords. And there is no sweeter place to leave our cares than in His mighty hands. I have been so encouraged by the grace I see in your sweet family to endure this great sorrow and still say with all your hearts "Not my will but thine be done" You are continually in our prayers.

Lori, I couldn't imagine going through this without your hand in mine. I pray I can hold you up now as you held me up when I needed it most.

Sister D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sister D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

My prayers are with you and your family.

Shannon said...

Our prayers are with you.

Marisela said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Our prayers are for you and your family at this time.

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed