Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Over the Back Fence...


As I meander to my computer...ok, for real... I run in here to my computer every morning to steal a few minutes to check up on "my" blogs...I can't help but wonder what is the pull? Why am I so drawn to check up on what my bloggie sisters are writing? Is this a good thing?

I came up with a few thoughts and I'll share them with you. First of all, I absolutely love being a part of all of your worlds. I feel like an old time housewife chatting with you girls over the back fence when I read your blogs. I am humbled to be included when you write back to me on what I've commented on your postings, I am elated to hear what you write on your blogs and I search diligently for edifying words to write as posts. Girls, what's most important is that on our blogs we can feel each others joys, sorrows, worries, cares and laughter...together. We ask for prayers from our God for one another and we've seen Him hear and answer us. We've cried with each other and posted heartfelt comments to each other to lift each other's hands up. I've gotten to see the silly side of all of you too...you've made me laugh and giggle and it's lifted me up when I've been down. Most of us live across the country from each other...some of us have never met face to face. But, it doesn't seem to matter! We all seem to be drawn to each other on our blogs... So, think of me each morning as I make my coffee and see The Dad out the door with his lunch and a smooch, because you can bet I'll be hightailing it in here to my computer to meet with you all...over the back fence!

16 comments:

Jules said...

What an awesome post! You have just expressed EXACTLY how I feel. I have met several sisters (on blogger, never face to face) and gotten to know them, and that is so awesome to me! I also am drawn to everyone's thoughts every day. I look forward to seeing what is happening at their home. I love this blog! It is such a privelage to be a part of the great faith that we have. We share love for people that we haven't even met before! I could go on and on, but I really enjoyed and agree with everything you wrote!

Sis Stubby said...

Oh Sis you know how I feel. I love meeting you all at the fence.I come and look all thur out the day and see if any thing new has happened. I can not travel very far now so I get to meet new brothern this way . Some of the pics have made me want to see different place's
I thank God for this.

Charlene said...

Dear Sister Lori I have to agree with the other Sisters and add that I love getting comments from you. When I receive them I feel the love of the Lord and feel very thankful he has joined me with sisters who love me and can give me guidance. See tomorrow over the fence.

Kim said...

Got my cup of coffee and just waiting for you at the fence... ALWAYS! Love you!

Sister D said...

I loved this post Lori! ;) I look so forward every morning to reading what's written! Thank you to all my Sisters for sharing your thoughts out loud. There are so many times it's comforted me to know your are being tried in some of the same things, blessed in some of the same ways, and that in all things we reach out to the same God! We may not see each others faces but we share what's in each others hearts and that is such a gift to my day!

Sister D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sister D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sister D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sister D said...

Sorry I enjoyed this post so much my comment posted 4 Times! LOL I'm such a dork :P

Anonymous said...

Hi my sweet sister I too have hung on the fince in the back ground reading all the sweet things the Lord in doing for our loving sisters. I look forward to meeting you over the fince every day. think you for our sweet time together down through the years. I love you so much. Your blog is such a comfort to me.

Tiffany said...

Where's your blog Sis.Charlotte? you can't hide forever! =D

Sis. Lori P. said...

Thanks for the sweet comments everyone! I agree with Tiffany! Charlotte just surfaced yesterday... about took my breath away to see her commenting! Love you too Charlotte! Where are your blogs Charlotte and Dayna?

Marisela said...

This is a great post. I too enjoy reading everyones posts, and being able to get to know so many sisters better.

Anonymous said...

Well sis Tiffany and Sis Lori I can not tell a lie it has crossed my mind once or twice to blog, but still thinking Maybe. Sorry you lost your breath hope it came back.heheh

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

You should do it Sis. Charlotte!! That'd be sooo cool!

Trina said...

I COMPLETELY agree too! I love the analogy of visiting across the fence posts. Too cute! I finally was able to get to your blog from someone elses link. I guess my link is no good for your blog anymore. I will need to fix that. Any baby yet? Cant wait to hear the news!

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed