Wednesday, April 30, 2008

S t r e t c h . . .

The Dad and I have noticed our bodies getting a little more aches and pains lately. It also seems like we can pull muscles more easily! Oh No! Hope this doesn't mean we are getting old. Oh well, no help for that! But what we can do is try and stretch these achy muscles of ours. So I went on the handy dandy library catalog and ordered some videos and DVDs for stretching. It's been pretty hilarious for the past two mornings as we've gotten up early and stretched together. I am seriously out of shape and not in any way could I be considered limber. My limber is lost! Ha Ha...that's a book joke! Get it? Girl of the Limberlost? Ok, never mind. The first DVD we did, yesterday, was so fast! How could we even "enjoy" the stretch when the lady was on to the next movement before we could even get into the first position? Oh brother! This morning's video was a stretching for partners one. Emphasis on "feeling like a tree". Swaying and all kinds of yucky New- age weirdness. Does anyone out there have a favorite stretch DVD? I really want one that just does the old fashioned stretching routine. Please let me know...oh, and enjoy picturing The Dad and I stretching and "feeling like a tree" this morning!

16 comments:

Tiffany said...

LOL i have to say i was picturing you both in my head as i read this post. I didn't get the joke, but i still laughed anyway. I guess i'm in a giggly mood today =P. I like palates, but that is stretch and tone.

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

I have an old book called "Banish Your Belly Butt and Thighs" It's got alot of stuff in it but I use it for the stretches and exercises. It works great when I do it. LOL

Jackie said...

I don't know any strech dvd's but I didn't have to picture you to laugh I was just thinking how funny it would be for me and my husband. We would probably be laughing so hard we wouldn't be able to strech at all. And Sis. Tiffany I didn't get the joke either but I found it humerous too:).

Sis. Lori P. said...

Here's the book I'm talking about!
http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Limberlost-Library-Indiana-Classics/dp/0253203317/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209574598&sr=8-1
Copy this link into your browser... and Mom of 3... I'm giggling at your book title!

Sis. Lori P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sis. Lori P. said...

What a dork I am... forget that link! Just go to Amazon and do a search for "The Girl of the Limberlost"!

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

You should try pilates one time with me mom!!

Jules said...

HEHE, they do have some weird things out there now! I'm sure you can find an older stretch video. Maybe check e-bay :) I hate to think of how I will be in 20 years. I already am not limber. I am actually sitting here in pain from my back! Why do our bodies have to go bad? I know mine is my own fault. I hope you find something that will work great for you and your hubby ;)

Sis Stubby said...

I know my limber is Lost along time ago!So is my get and go.LOL
Noooo not old just seasonsed.

Shannon said...

Ok I admit it. I was laughing. But not entirely at the thought of the two of you. I was also picturing Damon & I stretching. I think I pulled a muscle laughing!!

Sister D said...

Dave and I are laughing so hard! Not at you but with you :)I'm remembering what Sis Margaret said last time she was here about seeing her Hubby dancing faithfully to the Jane Fonda Video with his headband on every morning! Our necks and backs are hurting every morning when we get out of bed. At least you're doing SOMETHING about it:) Feel the Burn Baby!

CHRIS AND TRINA said...

sis lori i agree with tiff. try palates, i am getting my laugh at this trying to pic you and uncle craig. or you can just try what troy does work all the time. ( i am not saying you sit and eat bon bons all day long) we love you very much.

pandama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

ok Danny and I were both giggling as we read this! I would have loved to see you guys "swaying in the breeze" lol! But if you do find a good stretch video let me know! love you

Charlene said...

I did enjoy that picture lol and giggled and giggled love you guys and good for you wanting to stretch keep up the good work. oh ya and my limber is lost too

Cherrie said...

Maybe I should get up and do stretches in the morning. But the motivation isn't always there. I bet you two look cute doing this together..

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed