Thursday, April 24, 2008

Please excuse my Silence

I'm trying to think of things to write on my blog, but my heart has just not been in it. I haven't written on too many of anyone else's blogs either. But I'm trying!

Yesterday I had to pass a milepost for me. I really needed to see God's mercy as I passed this milepost too. And I did. A dear Sister was going to be delivered of her baby so soon after our Elijah's passing and it was hard for me to even think of it for her. As she travailed through the night, I couldn't sleep for sorrow. Lots of thoughts would keep coming in and it was probably me allowing the adversary to torment ...but I asked for another dear friend's prayers that the adversary would go away and the Lord put me to sleep. I was so relieved in my sleep that when the call came to say that the Sister had been delivered of a healthy baby boy...it felt like I had already knew it in my heart!

It's not that I doubted God's mercy at all. But, now my eyes are opened to how much we need God's breath of life to be given. I know I was sober about this before...good grief...I've passed through seven deliveries of my own and seen five of my own grandbabies born. But now, I know more fully that God is the one that holds that baby in the palm of his hand and I will never look at another delivery the same. Thanks be to God for the safe delivery and the gift of life given to our dear friends in OK.

9 comments:

melissa said...

this made me think of my time when i was laboring with aiden i started feeling pains on the 30th of october and didnt have him till the 2nd of november it was not a easy labor at all but with the lord by my side he gave me the strenght to endure it and deliverd me safely with a healthy baby a few months before that i had a friend that had a baby breech and the baby did not make it so for 2 months a was really nervous and was praying all the time that god would be with my baby and a month before i gave birth he had revealed it to a brother that my baby would be healthy but i would need prayers i think thats really what got me thought it all knowing god was there every step of the way thanks for reminding us all how god is there no matter what the out come may be my prayers are still with your family

Cherrie said...

I really enjoyed your post. I feel that giving birth is a major event. I am so glad for the one who just had there baby. My heart is with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

mom, I feel like I can barely breath sometimes for the sorrow of little elijah but the grace ive seen in our tiffy comforts me and though i sometimes ramble about things in my nervousness i mean all those silly words with all the love in my heart for my dear family. Sometimes it breaks my heart to see the sorrow in your eyes through this difficult time and just am going to earnestly beg God to bring that peace and joy back in to those calm eyes all us girls lean on so.I know it will just take griving time and that you definitly aren't overly sorrowful or anything but it still hurts to see you sad. love you lots.

Sister D said...

My Dear Friend,
This has been a hard time and my heart still breaks when I think of holding our little Elijah. I haven't been able to put into words how I feel and then I read what you wrote and you said so perfectly everything that is in my heart. I know we will never look at another delivery (right now that's even a struggle for me to think about) without more sobriety and understanding that life is truly held in God's almighty
hands. His mercy to our Sister in OK was so needed to all our hearts. As I laid awake that night with heaviness and care, I truly felt God wash a such sweet peace over me to tell me it would be all right.

Mandy, Your love for your Mom-in- law is such a comfort to my heart. I'm glad she has such sweet daughters to lift her up at this time.

Jules said...

Lori,
We honestly don't expect you to have much to write about. I know that when you lose someone, that is ALL you think about for a very long time. I'm still SO sorry for your whole family's loss. I am still praying for comfort for all of you. All my love, Julie

Sis. Lori P. said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments, understanding my heart and your and prayers. Love you all. . .

Sis Stubby said...

Sis We love you we will wait for when you are abel to talk

Aunt Sissy said...

I know that we only know each other thru our blogs but my heart has truely broken for you and your family.You and your family are alway's in my prayers.

Charlene said...

My Dear Sweet Sister Lori I pray daily for you and your family as I sit now with tears running down my face I feel very lucky to have a friend with as much love and faith in our dear Lord as you have I am at a loss of words except to tell you I love you so much. Love Sister Charlene P.S. I am also very glad you have such sweet friends there and such a sweet family to hold you up in your time of grief..

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed