Tuesday, July 15, 2008

There and Back Again








We are home! Wow what a trip. I am so thankful that we got to go and see our dear brethren there in Colorado. It is a LONG drive! Let me say that again... it is a L O N G drive! 20 hours! We went there to see Bro. Marc and Sis. Carolyn G. who are the mother and father of our newest niece. Bro. Marc is very afflicted. He sincerely needs your prayers, most likely he has congestive heart disease and has swelling and other problems in his legs. I can't say enough how much he needs the grace of God to suffer this. But he is a testimony of cheerfulness and what grace God can give in this kind of thing. He says he is ready to jump over that final river Jordan! And why not he asks? That is what we are all living for...to die and make it to heaven to be with God. I hope I can have such a heart in my final days. His wife, Sis. Carolyn is now so dear to my heart. We got to spend a lot of time visiting with her and she cares for her husband with such patience and love. She definitely needs our prayers for continued strength in all that she does. Daughter L, the Dad and I got to go to church in Delta and meet so many brethren. It was so humbling to be in their old time assembly and meet dear sweet sisters like Sis. Helen, Sis. Carolyn's mother. What an honor to meet her! Girls, this woman has LIVED the faith! As we spoke with her, she would get tears in her eyes as she mentioned past trials, but what a smile and what a laugh and what mercies of God she spoke of! It was an joy and honor to be invited into her home and be welcomed. I want to go to her mansion and see her in heaven one day! If she knew your grandma, (and she asked you who she was!) then she was sure she would know you! My goodness how many brethren she knew! And we got to meet Sis. Julie! How can I begin to say what a blessing and an honor it was to see her sweet face and meet her? Words will never describe what a gift that was. She was warm and gracious and tried so hard to work things out to meet us. And we got to spend the whole afternoon with her! And meet her darling little kids! HI Taylor and Blake! Did you read Skippyjon Jones and Finklehopper Frog? And then Julie took us to meet her mother. Girls, again, what a blessing to meet such a sister! You could tell by little things she said how deep the faith was in her blood and what a rock she was. Again, we were welcomed so heartily and graciously. We also got to meet another bloggie sister! Sis. JoAnn! We got to take a picture with both her and Sis. Julie after church. Then on the way home, after driving all night, we got to see Bro. Van and Sis. Nancy. They kindly welcomed us into their home at 6:00 in the morning and we got to spend time visiting with them before we drove the last 7 hours home. Again, what can I say? It was wonderful to sit and visit with such dear loved ones and hear their old time faithful testimonies. I surely want to thank God that He allowed us to travel there and back again. He watched over us and kept us once again while we travelled 2438 miles. PS sorry about the sideways picture, I guess I'm a dork and don't know how to turn it!

10 comments:

Aunt Sissy said...

Sis. Lori,
I'm so glad God Blessed you with being able to meet with so many brothern.

Sis. Leah said...

Oh I am so thankful for the blessing God allowed you and your family. I could feel your happiness as I read your blog. I am glad to hear you had a safe trip, and that you are back at home.

Sis. Frankie said...

Hi Sis. Lori,
I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful and uplifting trip. This was a huge blessing for you and your family. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Jackie said...

It sounds like you had a great time I am so happy for you guys! Thank you for sharing with us!!!!

pandama said...

there and back again did you buy the copyrights to that title lol :D we missed u guys glad u r ours

Sis Stubby said...

Glad your back home safe.And what a wonderful trip you had!Such blessing and what a way to meet new brothern.And to visit with old new brothern.I am so glad for you.

Sister D said...

What a wonderful time you had. Last night hearing about your trip, I could just feel the love you had for the dear brethren you met. The tie that binds our hearts in the Lord is so precious that when God gives us the opportunity to see each other face to face it's made all the sweeter. Glad you had a great time but I'm so glad my friends home and safe:) 20 Hours driving! What a labor of love!

Shannon said...

Wow, what a trip. I would love to be able to do that. Damon isn't much on traveling. I'm working on it, though. It sounds like you had such a wonderful time & came home with some precious memories & stories. When you can't think of anything to blog, share a story or 2 that you heard while there. :)

melissa said...

glad you had a safe trip there and back,it is such a blessing to be able to visit with our sick brothern and to be able to see what faith really is they are such good examples of it,i see you got to meet my sweet sister in law julie and her kids whom i love so dearly and i see from your post you think the same about them its kinda hard not too lol.maybe one day you could make a trip out to oklahoma that would be wonderful!

Jules said...

Awww, Melissa you are toos sweet :) I love you too!!! Lori: it was SO awesome meeting you and your family! By the way, you so did beat me to posting about our meeting. It stinks that I can't upload pics onto my mom's computer without having the pics on a disc. Oh well. My mom went on and on about how nice your family was ;) I also did :D And yes, the kids have read the books you gave them. Thank you again for them. Taylor read her book and I read Blake's book to both of them. I even used a spanish accent (because it has a lot of spanish language in it ;). SO I really got into the book, hehe. They really liked both of them. I also hope to see you all in Oklahoma or Oregon in the near future.

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed