Monday, July 7, 2008

One Day at a Time...






I am learning. Trying to remember what Jesus said, about not thinking about tomorrow. I am pretty sure I get so stressed out each week by what I have to do that I have no pleasure in exactly what I do do. Does that make sense to anyone out there? What follows is some random things we've been doing and getting accomplished. You've probably all noticed that I've not been posting or commenting as much lately. That's because I feel so guilty and overwhelmed when I sit down at my computer; thinking of all the things I SHOULD be doing instead of sitting and reading/writing on the blogs. First and foremost I've been asking myself, "have you read the scriptures today, have you got on your knees to beg God for mercy to even get through this day?" It is so much fun to sit here and read all your posts and be a part of your lives, but I seriously need to buckle down and get things done around here. Okay, so here goes:

I'm finally over my allergies and it seems like it didn't last as long this year. That's a good thing. We've made some progress on our garden, had tons of lettuce to give away and WASH. I spent one whole morning (with SO many other things I should have been doing) washing lettuce. . . with a bad heart about it the entire time I might add. Okay, so last night, we pulled out all the lettuce and found out that if we filled a 5 gallon bucket full of water and dunked each head up and down several times in it, it washed really FAST! In place of the lettuce we planted some purple bush beans. We had these last year and they were so pretty! We finally got some tomato and pepper plants and got them in the garden. I really wanted to get a Hens and Chicks plant and put them in a pot by my front door. Did that, this past weekend. Our guys all went on their Clackamas River rafting trip http://www.blueskyrafting.com/photo-gallery2.htm They all had a blast and I heard them talk about going for a two day rafting trip someday. We went to Idaho for Bro. Mark and Sis. Carrie's wedding. The highlight was church meeting. We got to be in meeting with some brethren we hadn't seen in so many years! I got to meet a new niece by marriage who is from Grand Junction, Colorado! And even if we didn't get to go to their wedding in Colorado, she let me see their awesome pictures from the wedding. One of them was this dear picture of Bro. Jim Smith, who baptized me so many years ago. His wife, Sis. Paula is The Dad's big sister! We love them so much and hold their family so dear to our hearts. I got to finally see Sis. Charlotte's house; now when I think of her I will be able to picture her in her kitchen or in her living room working on a puzzle! Mmm...what else? Oh! We might be going to Colorado this next weekend...! We'll see what The Dad decides. More on that later. We got our family pictures taken, you've all seen some of them on Daughter L's blog but now you can see a little behind the scenes! I really want to get a whole wall of pictures put together with the best of them. Of the three quilts that I need to get done this month...I've got two of the tops done, and now I'm realizing that Son #6 birthday is next week! So, I'm going to run right now to the fabric store and get the batting and the backing. He's going to spend the night at a friend's house tonight, so I can possibly work on getting it together. I realized this morning that if we leave for Colorado this Friday, and not get back till late Monday, then I'd better get the rest of his quilt done this week! Yikes! Off I go, working on "one day at a time"!

7 comments:

Sis. Frankie said...

Oh Sis. Lori, It does sound like you are a very busy person. And I also know that God does expect us to prioritize with Him and His will at the top of the list. I do understand if you are unable to be on the computer as much as you would like to. But I must say that when you post or make comments, it's a hugh blessing to me. I have always lived in my little Indiana and Kentucky world with the brethren. Once every few decades I might go to Okalhoma, but for the most part the midwest is it. When I was able to become a part of this wonderful group of Sisters who blogged, there are no words to express how it made me feel. I have been blessed to meet you face to face. That moment, I knew that there was an agape love between us. Now, that love has even increased more with all my other new sisters. I can put names to faces. I even feel apart of your little world on the west coast. I do believe I love all my brethren where ever they may be. But it seems to bring new life to this love when I hear from all of you. It has helped me to realize that my Heavenly Family is huge. I am the only child in my earthly family. But in God's family I am one among an endless number. I pray that God will give you the strength and energy to do all that you need to do. And I have no doubt He will. He's just that kind of Daddy!!

Sis Stubby said...

I truley understand the busy schedule. I know sometimes I feel so gulity for not talking to the Father as much as I should.That should come first.I will say a prayer for you.But like Sis Frankie said we enjoy you so much.I am thankful to the Father for letting us find all our dear sisters on here. It brings joy to my heart to read what everyone writes.It uplifts Bro. Stubby and I both.All of the sisters here talk about everyone of you and what an uplift this as been to us.
So when you find a little time we will waiting right here.

Jules said...

Well I totally understand why you haven't been on for w little while now. That is a very good reason also :) It is very easy to not think about things we should be thinking about. That's what we heard about at church last Sunday. I actually know your new niece, Candace. I actually didn't know that she married your nephew. I've known her basically her whole life. She is a sweet person :) YOur family pictures turned out WONDERFUL by the way, I've loved looking at them, they are so unique :) Well we will talk to you later.

Sis. Leah said...

I too understand what you are feeling and going through. I don't think that any of us pray and read the bible like we should. I have said many of times that I was going to start doing it more.Then I find myself busy doing other stuff. But I agree it is such an uplift to hear from my sisters all over. It makes feel like I am a part of your lifes, even though we are miles apart. I will pray that God will help you and give you the strength that you need.

Jackie said...

It is nice to hear from you and I am glad that you are busy and not ill. All of the blogging sisters have been such an uplift to me too and I am glad to get to know you and love you from a distance. I too need to take more time out in my day to spend it with the Lord weather in prayer or studing the Word. I will pray the God will help you through your busy time.

Jules said...

AHHH! I just re-read this post, and SOMEHOW I missed the part where you said you might go to Colorado this weekend. I read your comment on mine and it got my curiosity up!!! I don't even know how I missed that earlier. I HOPE you do, although, don't come just because I want you to, hehe. I would LOVE to meet you and your family!!! Please keep me updated!!!

Sister D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed