Thursday, May 15, 2008

For Today

Outside my window- is the chicken tractor with all the ladies watching me as avidly as I watch them!

I am thinking- about my upcoming weekend and the quilt I'm making for The Dad and what I can do to make his birthday special on Monday

I am thankful for- the sweet smiles of my sleepy children getting started for their days

From the kitchen- someone forgot to start the dishwasher last night!

I am creating- a plan to keep the garden going this year and sew in the evenings...

I am going to- have a good attitude about these stinky little chicks in my utility room and count down the days (hours?)until they get to live outside with the older girls!

I am wearing- my pjs still, even though I should leave for the library in just a few minutes!

I am hoping- to come up with a really good meal my birthday man will love!

I am hearing- the chirping of those stinky (oops!) chicks in my utility room and the sound of Son #6 as he gets ready to go with me to the library.

Around the house- you'll find lime green thread on the ground from Son #2's quilt, my kitchen table overflowing with quilting stuff/sewing machine/rulers etc. and a DVD for Sis. B that will help her exercise while sitting down!

One of my favorite things- is that bag full of material I bought at the Quilt Store just waiting for me to make into beautiful quilts for the ones I love.

I am praying- for my dear Sis. R and Sis. C in OK who are planning a wedding next weekend with tons of company coming and who are stressed out getting sewing, cooking, cleaning and shopping done in time!

Now it's your turn...

2 comments:

pandama said...

mom, i dont know if youll ever know how much we all love to watch and admire your big family. Sometimes I look at all the lord has blessed you with and all the sweet irreplacibe moments that keep you insanly busy and it makes me smile and wish I was brave enough to go for 7 little ones. Love you more and more the longer you put up with me and keep smiling.

Cherrie said...

Sounds like a busy but wonderful life.

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed