Tuesday, May 27, 2008

God Helped...once again!

I bought this amazingly perfect material for Daughter #2's quilt several months ago...her birthday wasn't for a long time, so I stashed it away. A few weeks ago when us girls were going on our Sister's Trip, I shopped for the rest of our family's quilts and I bought another piece of material that I thought for sure would look great with this "perfect" material I had bought awhile ago. So I got home and went to find where I had stashed that amazingly perfect first piece and I couldn't find it! Oh no! Daughter #2's birthday was 3 weeks away. So I began to pray about it, asking the Lord to please show me where I had put it. I remembered I had put it somewhere because Daughter #2 was coming into the room I was in and I had to hide it. But I couldn't remember where I was when I hid that material. I started getting discouraged, because I had asked Daughter #3 to pray with me and we had torn apart every place imaginable that I might have stashed it but it wasn't to be found. Then, yesterday I asked Daughter #1 to look again where Daughter #3 and I had already looked. And in a few minutes I heard her shout, "here it is! I found it!" In her sweet little hand was that amazingly perfect material which I still found to be amazingly perfect and I just started crying. I was going to have to try something else in a few days because Daughter #2's birthday is now 8 days away...but God helped me, once again! It was just a small thing for the Lord to do, but he decided to do it for me...and for my daughters! Now they will have more confidence to ask Him for small things and see how He helps us!

9 comments:

Jackie said...

We have an wonderful Father to go to for even the small things. I am glad He helped you find what you were looking for!!

Sis Stubby said...

He sure helps us with our earthly limatations. That is so cool.

Charlene said...

I love how God helps us instill faith in our children even when there adults what a wonderful testimony I love you Sister Lori oh yea I don't like creepy crawly things either

Jules said...

Oh I am so glad that you found it! That is a horrible feeling when you know you put it somewhere, but can't remember where. I've been there, too many times ;) Can't wait to see the finished quilt =D

Cherrie said...

I am so bad about putting things up and then not remembering were I put it. I am so glad that you found it.

Aunt Sissy said...

Sis. Lori,
I'm so glad that God helped you find what you were looking for. As Sis. Jackie stated he is such a good Father to us.

Sis. Lori P. said...

Thanks everyone! You girls are so sweet to leave comments on my posts! I love coming home and seeing what everyone has written back to me!

Tiffany said...

I'm confused by the Daughter #'s mom. You kept saying Daughter #2, but i think you meant daughter #1 because she was the first one to marry into the family right? And Daughter #3 is really daughter #2. Maybe it would be a little easier if you called us Daughter L, Daughter M, Daughter A, and Daughter T. Maybe the same with the sons? I dunno just a suggestion :D.

Sis. Lori P. said...

LOL! Daughter #1 is the original daughter. Daughter #2 is the wife of Son #3 who was the first one married. Daughter #3 is the wife of Son #2 who was the second married. And finally Daughter #4 is the wife of Son #1 who was the third one married. Now, what's so confusing about that? Okay, Okay, I like your idea better. Now the word "daughter" sounds like a foreign language....say daughter six time real fast!

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed