Sunday, May 18, 2008

A True Love Story

Once upon a time, there lived a young maiden who longed for a love she didn't believe existed, but had only heard about in fairy tales and stories. She had only the sad example of her foster parent's marriage to look to in real life and wondered if there ever could be a true knight in shining armor somewhere in this Realm. A knight who would stay true and love her with all his heart. How, oh how, would she ever find such a love?

Then one day, when she was not expecting it, a young man was introduced to her. He was not the handsomest young man in town, nor was he the strongest. But something shone in his eyes. Oh his eyes! But alas, as she was a young girl and far from marriageable age she could only watch that young man and wait. As she watched and waited; a miraculous thing happened! The young man became her friend. Just a small friendship to be sure, but it was a beginning.

Now as time went on and this young girl got closer to marriageable age, she was surrounded by young men looking for wives of their own. All were men of honor with shining swords in their hands ready to become knights to fair maidens; sweeping them off their feet and carrying them into the golden sunset to begin their happily ever after. The young girl also looked and pondered the goings to and fro of these young men. But there was not to be seen a young man so pure in heart and shining of eyes as the young man who had become her friend. The man who had captured her secret heart. So she waited and watched.

Now this young man who secretly had the young girl's heart kept himself busy. He was busy sharpening his sword and building up his strength to serve the King of the Realm. It seemed that, as he grew in strength, he shone more brighter and fairer than any of the other young men in the land. Little did the young girl know, but this young man secretly had his heart set on her. And was biding his time until the day he felt that he was ready to take on a maiden of his own and do the King's bidding. Quietly he watched the young girl and waited.

Then one day, the young man was given leave by the King of the Realm to set out to find his own true happily ever after. So he went straight away to his friend, the young maiden. His secret desire. He spent time with her and he found they shared many of the same heart felt desires. Desires for serving the great King of the Realm, for staying true to one love in life, for raising children up to serve the King and for steadfastly seeking the way to the King's heavenly home. The young maiden could not believe that this young knight of her dreams was such a man as this. Could it be, that what she had first saw in his eyes was true? Could it be that this man would be the one who would save her from the sorrow that she had known as a child?

The answers to these questions she found by going to the King of the Realm. She humbly besought Him and asked if the light she saw that shone in the eyes of her secret desire was true. She found that it was the King's delight to answer her and give her a beautiful gift for her asking. She found that the King knew all about her sadness as a child and her sorrow at what she had seen in her home. He knew of her longing for a life full of beauty and love. So He sent her away with a rare gift; a gift of a deep and abiding faithfulness to the young man of her dreams and a sure knowledge that the young man would be faithful to her. What the King had shown her was that as long as she remained faithful to this young knight, and served him well in this life, that all her hopes and wishes and dreams would come true and that they, together, would be given the gift of happily ever after.

So she returned to the young knight and he made her his wife. All their desires were granted to them. They became servants to the King of the Realm, loved each other with a deep love, were given seven children to raise up to serve the King and lived happily ever after.

I know this story is true because it's my story... the story of my true love... my dear Husband who is turning 46 years old today. Happy Birthday to my one and only Knight in Shining Armour. I love you with all my heart forever...Miracles truly happen to people like me; for a miracle happened when God gave me you!

14 comments:

Jackie said...

That is a great true story and a good lesson for us young ones to seek the KING in all things. Thank you for sharing.

pandama said...

mom, truly our lord has blessed you. When I was lost in the sad world without knowing the king, I was able to witness the miricle of yours and dads love, and could hardly believe such a fairytale romance could be true. I had never seen such a love that after many years of marriage the knight still faithfully calls his maid and the maid runs with such joy and excitment in her eyes crying with delight its my daddy of my beautiful children its my daddy. :)

Sis. Lori P. said...

God has truly blessed you with your own knight in shining armor- one of my own little knightlings!

Unknown said...

Okay, this was really hard to read and not blubber all over my keyboard and keep composure while here at work. I am unworthy of such honor but I do know the love is real, yes, "A True Love Story". What else would a man need for his birthday but to have such a good woman by his side? (Well, other than having his knightlings and princess to dine with him in his banquet hall tonight). I love you my dear, with all my heart. Our great King is to be praised. May God give me the grace to bestow honor to you until the end of our days and to recognize the great gift that I have.

Sis Stubby said...

I set here and try to read this. But the tears are coming .That is a beautiful story.I am so glad to read this and know it is true.
Happy Birhtday Bro. Graig
The King is so faithful to here and answer our hearts dream.When we serve him with all our heart.

Cherrie said...

What a lovely love story. Tell you man happy birthday and spoil him rotten.

Charlene said...

Oh sister Lori I cried tears of joy while reading your love story what a sweet love God has given you and Brother Craig I am Glad that God blessed you with a happy life after such a hard childhood I love you both so much. Love Sis Charlene

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

Such a marvelouse story and testiment on patience and waiting for the finest and best that the King has to offer. I thank him every day for my knight....

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Hope I find a good knight like Poppi...
I loved the story mom. It made me tear up big time! ;)

Shannon said...

That is a sweet story. Happy Birthday Craig and Happiness always to you both.

Jules said...

That was such a sweet, sweet story!!! Wow! I'm practically speechless. LOVED it! I'm so glad you got your happily ever after :D And you told the story SO good! THANK YOU for posting this.

melissa said...

awwww this just about brought tears to my eyes this is such a wonderfull story of love and how our god works and gives us that perfect person to spend the rest of our lives with

Sister D said...

The Lord has truly given you the most beautiful story. It's every young girls dream to have a prince like your dear hubby. Our sweet marriages in the Faith are proof that Fairy Tales do come true. God knows how to give perfect gifts and when we let God write our love story it's always perfect. Gotta go give my sweet knight a big kiss since you've reminded me how blessed I am ;)

Sister D said...

The Lord has truly given you the most beautiful story. It's every young girls dream to have a prince like your dear hubby. Our sweet marriages in the Faith are proof that Fairy Tales do come true. God knows how to give perfect gifts and when we let God write our love story it's always perfect. Gotta go give my sweet knight a big kiss since you've reminded me how blessed I am ;)

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed