Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Return of the Reptile Man


(cue scary music...)
Yes girls, the Reptile Man returned yesterday! Only library business would induce me to be within a few feet of murderous boa constrictors, bone crushing snapping turtles, and blue tongued lizards that spit at you! You see, I have to introduce this brave man named very appropriately "The Reptile Man" for our library program each year. And by the time everyone is the room to see him, I can't get out! I am literally stuck right there, in front--within feet of those hair raising reptiles. Tons of people from our little town come to see The Reptile Man. The kids love him and he's great with them too. The first year, we had 148 come see him, then last year it was 176...are you ready for this? This year, 295 people came from our little town just to see him! We do this program in the Fire Hall meeting room. It's packed! And the Fire Chief is so kind to let us crowd in to his Hall. Even after 295 people jammed in yesterday! All he said to me after the show was, "You know, I think next year I will pull all the fire trucks out of the garage bays and let you have the show in there!" He's great! Daughter #2 and Granddaughter #1 came to see the show this year and at the end, she raised her little hand to get a chance to hold the creepy boa constrictor's tail... I couldn't believe it! Here's the picture to prove it. Maybe she'll introduce The Reptile Man for me next year?

9 comments:

pandama said...

mom, i couldn't believe it either but she told me mommy i want to hold one so i said okay i guess so up her little hand went maybe all the turles showed her how to finally come out of her shell te he love ya

Shannon said...

I'm with you, I don't care much for those kinds of critters. My skin crawls as much as they do. YUK!! But I am glad the kids had a great time.

Sis Stubby said...

Glad to see your Granddaughter like them.It would be an experance to see them I just don't want to touch.

Unknown said...

How fun!! Abby couldnt stop talking about it that day that she got to hold a "yelyo snake" lol yeah their brave to go up and hold them I wouldnt really want to but I guess the tail is better then the head!

Kristen said...

sorry that post was from me not Danny :)

Sis. Lori P. said...

Oh I was so excited that Danny wrote on my blog! Tell Danny he can post on my blog anytime he wants!

Cherrie said...

My Elisha would of been all over that. He is such a animal lover. He is wanting some kind of reptile for his birthday. But I refuse for now, maybe someday.

Jules said...

Wow, kids are fearless, I wouldn't hold one of those, yuck! HEHE. That's neat that he came in and brought those animals to show to the kids though :)

melissa said...

i remember going and seeing him at alpine school it was pretty neat
cherrie-that shocks me about elisha we are talking about a boy that his aunt melissa had to carry the whole time tricker treating because he saw a cat lol. and he wants a reptile???what is up with that lol

Thoughtful Video-No sound needed